I don’t know about the rest of you, but the past two years for me have felt pretty rough. I’ve had my fair share of missed opportunities, lost a few important people in my life and made mistakes I still wish I could undo. Without a doubt, Smitten Glutton has helped me to improve on my non-committal attitude, and in a way, better myself. It’s somehow given me something to look forward to and feel responsible for, and I really hope for this enthusiasm to be projected onto all other parts of my life.
For those who didn’t know, starting up Smitten Glutton was a struggle for me. I wanted to practice photography and create an outlet to express myself through the love of food, but technically I had no idea how. I chose to blog with WordPress for its simplistic structure and user-friendliness, but even then I was struggling to customize the blog templates. I eventually got a bit obsessive and remember staying up late nights to achieve exactly what I envisioned my blog to be – only to no avail. Frustrated and helpless, I started to wonder if it made sense for me to do this. With the workload from school piling up, I couldn’t even be sure if I could commit enough time or motivation to maintain a blog religiously.
For days on end, I was on the verge of giving up, but then remembered that there were people who believed in me. Smitten Glutton – now a year old – honestly isn’t anything huge, but it is something I feel proud of. 🙂
Today, I would really love to thank Andrea, a fellow JC2 from Foogo! for nominating me for The Liebster Award, as well as exposing me to a number of other wonderful and talented bloggers like Averlynn, Crumbs & Cookies, Little Accidents In The Kitchen and Healthie Panda. Do check out their gorgeous websites for more exciting treats! 🙂
Just a little background on the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award is an award for ‘up and coming’ bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The rules vary across the internet and here they are:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
- Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
Just like Andrea, I think I will break away from the given set of rules and nominate 5 of my favorite, most-read bloggers. Each of them have their own unique styles, all of which I really like! Before I reveal my nominees, I shall first answer Andrea’s questions about myself.
2) What’s your favorite food?
This is really tough! I think I’ll settle for home-cooked soup. Not just any old soup, but one that’s boiled with a lot of love and affection. And chicken bones. And dried scallop. 😀
3) Your childhood snack growing up.
Khong Guan lemon crackers. I would have these over Oreos anyday!
4) Your most memorable moment in 2013
Being surprised with flowers and chocolate from someone in school when I was having a lousy day. What a sweet gesture!
5) Hard boiled or soft boiled eggs?
Obviously soft-boiled! I love runny yolks!
6) Describe your ideal weekend.
Right now, I think it would just mean spending time in any way I can with the people I love. Putting together a nice brunch at home for my family with Christmas music on loop, taking my dog out for a walk in the park and dolling up for a night in town. Yes.
7) What would you eat for your last meal?
Traditional teochew porridge. WHAT? I’m Teochew!
8) Who motivated you to start blogging?
I would think it’s my dad. He’s always been the biggest supporter of me and my interests, so I don’t think this would have happened without his encouragement.
9) Name an eatery that you’re dying to try!
Momofuku Milk Bar in NYC
10) What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Ice-cream with veg and peanuts wrapped in popiah skin. It was SO good though. Extremely strange combination.
Now on to my nominees which are in no particular order:
1. Dawn from http://dawnowlette.blogspot.sg/
2. Nicholas from http://hungryisland.wordpress.com/
3. Jasline from http://www.foodiebaker.com/
4. Michelle from http://ingredientsofhappiness.wordpress.com/
5. Ziqi from http://iqiznil.wordpress.com/
My 10 questions to you are:
1. What is one value that you live by?
2. Who’s your favorite person in the whole wide world?
3. Your most memorable meal of 2013
4. What was your first childhood ambition?
5. What would you do if you had a year of free time?
6. Coffee or tea?
7. If you were a potato, what food would you want to be when you grow up? (LOL)
8. Are you more of an introvert or extrovert?
9. Favorite music
10. What’s something about yourself that usually surprises others?
Hope you guys have fun answering the questions and discovering other blogs! Toodles! 🙂